13 Dec Largest Opinion Poll on Gujarat Elections Covered in Regional Media
Jan Ki Baat has released the Largest Opinion Poll on Gujarat Elections 2017. In a bid to achieve the most accurate survey, our team of reporters has covered over 150 constituencies directly, while interacting with a sample size of 50,000 people, making it one of the most extensive surveys for Gujarat. The methodology used in our survey which was Geo-strategically selected units through purposive sampling and the interview technique used was Structured, face to face interviews (on and off camera).
Notably, the survey has been covered by some of the largest news networks in the country such as Republic, News24, among many others. Apart from National Media, various regional media outlets such as Nav Gujarat Samay, Desh Gujarat, and Jan Satta picked up our extensive survey on Gujarat Elections.
The key findings and outliers of our survey were as follows:
- GST is no longer an effective poll plank as traders are positive about the Government’s intentions of hearing their problems, especially after the 23rd GST council meeting.
- The Patidar factor is not a complete truth. Only Kadva Patidars are against the BJP because of the violent protests in 2015. Leuva Patels are largely Pro – BJP. Hardik Patel is not a factor anywhere but
- The Dalit dominated region Una, where BJP was expected to lose is actually going to the BJP.
- Alpesh Thakore, a poster boy in Congress is expected to face a tough fight in the seat of Radhanpur as he is widely believed to be an outsider.
- There is certainly some discontent, but it is not enough for the people in Gujarat to vote against the Prime Minister.
During the course of carrying out the Largest Opinion Poll, we became one of the most watched Social Media platforms for the Gujarat Elections. We are extremely grateful for the support that has been extended to us during this extensive coverage.